Mandy Volpe - Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Are you new around here? Allow us to introduce ourselves.
At Sodexo Conferencing we manage properties that offer the best in event spaces for your meetings. Our portfolio of venues are located all over the country. Our venues have dedicated staff to helping you execute events that will leave your attendees proclaiming that it was the best event of their life. Start searching for a property for your next corporate meeting today.
Mandy Volpe - Monday, September 22, 2014
Our Sodexo Conferencing properties are now taking reservations for holiday parties. Here is a quick glimpse at the menu offerings from the Chase Center on the Riverfront. Give them a call to book your meeting in the Delaware area.
Mandy Volpe - Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Today we feature a wedding from the Chase Center on the Riverfront. They recently held one of the largest Ethnic Weddings of 600+ with a flawless success. From start to finish the bride and groom were pleased with every detail that they worked so hard to achieve. The weekend started with a dinner the night before the ceremony. The actual ceremony and festive baraat took place the next afternoon which led up to a celebratory evening reception. To top it all off, at the end of both nights, the guests were able to take a short stroll through the adjoined Lobby to The Westin Wilmington hotel for overnight accommodations This was certainly a wedding weekend to remember. Congratulations to the happy couple!
Mandy Volpe - Wednesday, September 03, 2014
Enjoying the Sodexo dining experience at the Conference Center at Waltham Woods just got upgraded. The Dining Room in the Boston, Massachusetts area now features new floor, upgraded lighting, and a new layout to allow guests to move quickly through the action stations. The action stations feature a hot and cold food kiosk as well and new food display tables. Here are a few pictures from the new area.
Mandy Volpe - Sunday, August 31, 2014
The San Ramon Valley Conference Center is proud to introduce a new dining experience to enhance the time spent onsite by our guests. We have added an interactive customized omelet bar for breakfast. Lunch has an expanded grill menu, more customized made to order dishes and a new Global Cuisine offering. Dinner has fresh displays, a la minute cooking and table delivery service. All these changes have really helped to make the space feel like 3 different dining venues. We will be continuing to evolve our food service to create an ever changing dining experience!
Mandy Volpe - Thursday, August 28, 2014
When planning a corporate retreat, you will find the following check-list helpful for exceeding your attendees expectations.
- Wifi- Your attendees want to be connected during your sessions. Make sure the center has free wifi or that you know ahead of time what the fees are to get internet access for your attendees. This will keep them engaged and even Tweeting about your meeting!
- Food- Consider the menu options for your meeting. Make sure you choose a location that has a variety of meal options to meet everyone’s dietary needs. Typically our conference centers have buffet options that include a beef, chicken, and vegetarian option. You will even find a salad bar as well as a great dessert option to keep everyone fed for the afternoon meetings.
- Parking- Find out the best place for your attendees to park ahead of the meeting. Make sure you provide great directions so that attendees know how to get to the venue and how much parking will be. It would also be a good idea to give directions and shuttle information from the airport to your attendees traveling from out of town.
- Networking areas- Find ways to encourage networking. Are there lounge spaces outside of the meeting room for attendees to gather on breaks? Are there comfy chairs in the lobby where guests can relax in between sessions?
- The Content- Who is presenting at the workshop? Will they be engaging and will they have fun icebreakers for guests? Make sure slides are received ahead of time so that attendees can have a pdf copy of the information being shared. They can use this for note taking and to make sure they are following through with the key ideas after the meeting.
Mandy Volpe - Saturday, August 23, 2014
Unique Venues has their “best of” survey going on right now and we need your help in getting on the list! Fill out their survey to help us be recognized for best business center, best on-site fitness, and best place to hold a meeting. Here is the link for voting which closes Sept 5th, 2014.
Mandy Volpe - Thursday, July 24, 2014
We've said it before, and we will say it again, our venues were made for weddings! Some of our venues are in the midst of wedding season and this past weekend was no different. Congratulations to Ashley and Cody on their beautiful wedding ceremony at Pickwick Gardens. The wedding was memorable and everything looked lovely. The Pickwick Family loved helping create an unforgettable evening for you and your guests. Best wishes for many years of happiness!
Mandy Volpe - Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Recently High Country Conference Center hosted the ICOTS9 Conference which had the theme of Sustainability in Statistics Education. The theme was a nod to the Arizona mountain region in which the Conference Center is located. Over 500 people attended the 5 day conference which included excursions to the Grand Canyon and Sedona via a Jeep ride. All of the programming focused on innovate teaching while incorporating sustainability. The sessions were engaging and some were so well attended that it was standing room only. Thanks to Amelia McNamara for this photo of her time at the ICOTS9 conference.
Mandy Volpe - Monday, July 14, 2014
We have been pinnin’ up a storm of good ideas for you over on our Sodexo Pinterest page. There is a combination of great food ideas to make your event special along with décor ideas that meeting planners can incorporate at our venues. Keep in mind that many of our properties are in great locations that you can draw inspiration from in terms of decor and themes. You could incorporate a green or outdoor theme for locations like Pickwick Gardens or San Ramon Valley Conference Center. Tap into a varsity theme centered on football when choosing a location like The Millennium Centre. Whatever you decide for your theme, make sure it is "Pin Worthy" and will leave your guests talking about the atmosphere for months to come.